A large number of delegates from all over India have already confirmed their participation in Exim India’s South East CEO Conclave (SECC) 2018 (the 10th edition) in Chennai on Friday, June 29, 2018.
The venue for the event is the luxurious environs of the ITC Grand Chola which is known for itspalatial exterior, tastefully-designed interiors and verdant surroundings.
Many more delegates, from the various segments of the maritime, cargo, logistics and ex-im trade, have been expressing interest as the event draws closer, attracted by its topical theme and line-up of top speakers and panelists.
Mr P. Raveendran, IRTS, Chairman, Chennai Port Trust, will be gracing the CEO Conclave, along with other leading lights from the sector (see box) as well as senior officials from regulatory authorities.
The conclave, in partnership with The Madras Chamber of Commerce & Industry, has the theme ‘Shipping & logistics in an era of disruptive technology – Challenges and the way ahead’. It is spread across three sessions that will broadly focus on the present and future in shipping and logistics, the digital transformation happening in shipping, ports, logistics and air cargo, and the new developments and initiatives of Customs to simplify shipping and logistics. It should be a fascinating deliberation, especially considering that digitalisation is today changing the face of the sector.
South East – Cargo & Logistics Awards 2018
The conclave will be followed by the South East – Cargo & Logistics Awards 2018, the region’s premier recognition of excellence, with individuals and companies being honoured in multiple categories. Another full house is guaranteed, with the who’s who of the sector in attendance.
SECC 2018 will thus be highlighted by a very topical deliberation, a popular awards function and an occasion for the entire industry and other relevant players to meet and network under one roof.
Some of the speakers & panelists
* Mr P. Raveendran, IRTS, Chairman, Chennai Port Trust
* Mr Ennarasu Karunesan, Chief Executive Officer – Southern Ports, Adani Ports and SEZ Ltd
* Mr Nailesh Gandhi, President, AMTOI
* Mr Julian Bevis, Senior Director – Group Relations, South Asia, A.P. Moller-Maersk Group
* Mr J. Krishnan, Member – Advisory Board, ACAAI
* Ms Vinita Venkatesh, Director, KPCT
* Mr Raghavendran Viswanathan, CEO, FreightBro
* Mr Piyush Sinha, Deputy MD, NEC Technologies
* Mr A. V. Vijaykumar, President Elect, FFFAI
* Mr Pramod Sant, Vice-President, Head of Export/Import and Export Control and Customs, Siemens Ltd, India